FVOA Membership Update 2020
The Board of Directors has been communicating and we hope all of you are staying healthy and your loved ones as well. As we continue through uncertain times as it relates to high school sports, we want to share with you a status update:
- Membership costs will be waived this year, however one will still need to register as a member. All paid members from last season will receive an email in the coming days from the FVOA. All we ask you to do is click the link and fill-out the required information. Click Here to re-register.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to have our postponed spring banquet this fall. We do plan on continuing the tradition of having a spring banquet the Wednesday following the boys state finals. Since that is St. Patrick’s day next March our banquet this season will be on Thursday March 18th. The location is still to be determined and the cost will be $20. Registration will be required so we have an idea of food quantities.
- Our meetings will be via Zoom and invitations will be sent for the meetings. The meetings will continue to alternate between Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s. The meetings will be on the following evenings: Tuesday 10/27; Wednesday 11/4; Wednesday 11/18 and Tuesday 11/24. The topics and speakers for the evening will be sent out a few days prior to the meeting with the Zoom invitation.
- We are planning a Level 2 clinic which will be presented via Zoom on Tuesday November 10, 2020 and the games for officiating will be on Saturday November 14, 2020 in the afternoon/evening. The cost for the clinic will be waived for all FVOA members. This is a great opportunity to get a level 1 or 2 clinic in before the season. Rich will discuss the details on our 10/21 call.
- Please reach out to a fellow official and recruit them to our group!